Thursday, January 2, 2014

15 Texts I almost sent you


  • I left my favorite pair of underwear at your house. I know your mother hates me, can I come pick them up?
    [delete]
  • It’s been almost a month and I still miss you like a fucking limb.
    [delete]
  • I didn’t know my bones could ache until I met you.
    [delete]
  • You know, a week before we broke up, do you remember? I had bought a book of poetry. You asked why I didn’t read something more interesting and I could feel my insides splinter.
    [delete]
  • You said poetry was all lies dressed up to sound pretty. When I look at you these days, I want to ask if sadness sounds pretty to you too.
    [delete]
  • It’s 3 a.m. and this alcohol tastes like you.
    [delete]
  • I saw you staring at me today during Lit class. I smiled at you and you didn’t smile back. I almost cried.
    [delete]
  • The girl who sits next to me smells like you. 
    [delete]
  • I miss you.
    [delete]
  • I have never had so many bad nights.
    [delete]
  • Sometimes I write about you on the internet. Strangers who have never met either of us think you’re cruel – they tell me if they had the honor of loving me, we’d have sex three times a day and they’d scream my name when they came.
    [delete]
  • They think it is beautiful, how I am broken. I don’t think they understand.
    [delete]
  • You used to tell me I was beautiful. I tried saying it in the mirror the other day, but it sounded wrong without your mouth wrapped around it.
    [delete]
  • Everything I say sounds wrong without your mouth wrapped around it.
    [delete]
  • We were never in love, but, oh God, we could have been. 
    [delete]
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment